Select your area of interest:
Lap Steel Information:
Welcome to the Bluestem Lap Steel Guitar pages.
Here you will find information related to electric lap steel guitar construction, related accessories, and ordering information if you wish to purchase a custom instrument.
Please select from the links above for further information.
Bluestem lap steels commonly feature:
- Figured maple body overlay
- Ebony headstock overlay with mother of pearl "Bluestem" script logo
- 22-1/2" scale, 24" and other scales available on request
- Gotoh enclosed deluxe tuners
- Solid brass nut
- Ebony fretboard with mother of pearl position markers
- Standard string spacing of 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" at nut and 2" at bridge, other spacing available on request
- 24 wide profile 18% nickel-silver frets
- Solid brass bridge with integral string through body stainless steel bridge plate
- Standard Bluestem split single coil pickup (high output and rich tone, but without the hum), high output humbucker or P-90 style pickup available
- Single 500K quality audio taper volume control with integral treble bleed circuit and large custom volume knob
- 1/4" Switchcraft output jack side mounted in custom polished stainless steel recessed jack plate
- Stainless steel screws used at all body locations
If you desire to contact me about Bluestem Strings products:
Due to scoundrelous spammers actively mining sites for e-mail addresses, I'm forced to include the following text version of my e-mail address meant to confuse the automated robo-search of websites for e-mail addresses. Please e-mail me at:
rcordle (substitute the at symbol here) fastmail (substitute the dot here) fm
Please include "Bluestem Info Request" in the subject line, Thanks!
Please visit my other website designed to provide information on musical instrument construction. There are free plans as well as construction tips and techniques available at:
Rudy's Sketchbook of Musical Instrument Plans, Ideas, and Inspiration